Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 1

Tonight is the night! Grant is already on his way to Atlanta. My 10pm flight ended up filling up, and all the flights afterwards were dangerously full as well. So, he's taking a 2pm flight to Atlanta, and when he gets there he'll get a hotel room and park it there for the night. My family is going to dinner tonight at the Stinking Rose restaurant in San Francisco, then my parents are dropping me off at SFO. My flight is at 10pm, so it's just a waiting game! When I arrive in Atlanta at 6am (their time) I'll catch the shuttle to Grant's hotel, where I can shower and nap. We have literally all day to spend in Atlanta, since our next flight to Costa Rica doesn't leave until about 5pm. Luckily, that flight has about 50 seats still available, so Grant shouldn't have a problem getting on board. We figured that since my flight had about 14 seats as of last night, the risk wasn't worth it. All the flights afterwards have roughly the same number or less, so it would be too risky for him to wait and try to fly with me, even though he has priority for stand by flights. We have those plane tickets to Puerto Jimenez Thursday morning, so we both need to be in San Jose! Plus, I really don't want to be there all by myself. This is all to overwhelming for that!

My backpack weights 47 pounds...I have no idea what my carry-on weighs. I figure I'd rather not know. I'm going to request that I be able to pick up my bags at baggage claim in Atlanta, since the idea of having my bags floating around all day in the black hole that is the Atlanta airport really freaks me out. My backpack contains all of the stuff I need for the next 6 months (give or take) and I'd hate to lose it. All of my super important stuff goes in my carry on.

Bag packed, car washed (right before it rained here...go figure), oil changed, bank taken care off...just waiting at this point.

The next post will be written in Costa Rica!

No comments:

Post a Comment