Saturday, November 19, 2011

november 12

Grant got up at 6am to do yoga while I read. Tomorrow we’re planning to go on a walk, but for today I didn’t feel like it. We had oatmeal for breakfast which is my favorite thing here (it’s cheaper than cereal too). I spent the morning working on the plants behind #6 again, which I really took my time doing because I didn’t know what to do after that, and Grant didn’t have a radio and was no where near me so I couldn’t ask anyone. I got them all organized before lunch but I had to really work to make it take that long. The hummingbirds kept coming through the area also, which made the work really relaxing. We had cucumber sandwiches for lunch and as soon as I got back I did a tour. Apparently they got backed up half way through my lunch, and Bismarc was managing three at the same time. When I was finished, I went back to organizing my plants, but I couldn’t finish the job because I couldn’t find the fertilizer in the Bodega, so I made myself busy raking. Glenn came by with Goldie and told me to take the sornia that Ana and Delvin use the day before and plant it in bags with compost because we have a shortage, since two of the larva use it as a food source and they only eat the fresh leaves. That’s my new daily morning job, I guess. I just can’t get away from Sornia. I finished out the day with a tour for a couple from Delaware, which were nice but smelled strongly of cigarettes. At home I finished washing (by hand) the sheets that we had left sitting in a bucket for far too long, and I made a killer dinner with Grant’s help (rice and beans on fried tortillas with pico de gallo, california mexican style). We accompanied dinner with a glass of coke that we bought yesterday. We don’t normally drink soda but we wanted to 2L bottle for milk. We walked up to Cabinitas to see if there was any live music since it’s Saturday night, but we didn’t have any luck so we opted to read and save the milk shake for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment