Saturday, November 19, 2011

november 6

This morning Grant and I helped Jose plant trees along the river walk, but I got called to give a tour almost immediately. (I planted 2 though – only 90 more to go until I reach my goal of planting 100 trees). The gorup I gave the tour to was awesome. They were from Maine and they were very interested in everything I had to say. I rejoined Grant and Jose as they started to plant vines near the Gazebo, but I got called away AGAIN for another tour with some grandparents and their baby grandchildren. It wasn’t much of a tour – the kids were WAY too young to enjoy anything, thus the grandparents didn’t enjoy much either. Afterwards I took over the reception for Kendra’s lunch, where I messed up my conversion between colones and dollars when I gave a French couple their change. We were short 7000 colones, or $14, at the end of the day  after lunch grant did 2 tours at the same time while I helped Jose plant more vines. It was really difficult because the location was on a hillside. It’s hard enough to plant plants since you have to bend over a lot, but add a steep hillside with loose dirt and a huge bucket of compost balanced between your knees as you lean over the hole in the ground and it’s a workout. After work I skyped my parents (!!!!!!!) and had dinner and crashed, exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment